Being a mom means being super busy and that can make it difficult to get dinner on the table. That’s when it’s nice to have some quick and easy recipes on hand to help a busy mom out. Here is one of my family’s favorite super simple dinner recipes that is gluten and dairy free.
Tater Tot Casserole
- Gluten free TaterTots
- 16 oz bag frozen peas
- 32 oz of Imagine Creamy Portobello soup
- 2 TBSP tapioca starch
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Brown the beef with the celery, onion, garlic powder, chili powder and salt.
- In a 9×13 pan, layer the majority of the tater tots on the bottom of the dish, then the bag of frozen peas and finally layer the beef mixture.
- Whisk the tapioca starch into the Portobello soup and pour evenly over the entire dish.
- Top with the remaining tater tots.
- Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour or until bubbly and heated through. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes to brown the tater tots.
I like to cook several pounds of the beef mixture all at once then divide it up into ziplock bags and store in the freezer. This makes it even quicker to throw the meal together at the last minute.
You can substitute a bag of frozen green beans for the peas.
Get Your Free eBook!
Grab your free eBook and learn the secrets for a successful homeschool journey by subscribing to my newsletter.