As a child I remember enjoying my mom’s super moist banana muffins. When I got married I decided to dig through my mother’s recipe box in search of the well loved banana muffin recipe so that I could make them for my own family. Since my daughter and I have food allergies, I was pleased to learn that the recipe was already dairy free and substituting a gluten-free, all-purpose flour mix was all that was needed to make them gluten-free as well!
Whether you make these muffins the way my mom did for years or if you use a gluten-free flour mix, these muffins are sure to come out moist and delicious!
Mom’s Banana Muffins
Ingredients: *contains an affiliate link*
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour or Pamela’s Artisan Flour Blend(or other gluten-free all-purpose mix)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin or line with muffin cups.
- Cream the shortening and the sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs in one at a time, beating well after each
- Stir in bananas.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to the banana mixture. Mix everything together.
- Pour into muffin cups and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
You can stir in a handful of chopped walnuts if you like. These freeze very well. Enjoy!
Get Your Free eBook!
Grab your free eBook and learn the secrets for a successful homeschool journey by subscribing to my newsletter.