Motherhood has not been an easy task for me and I can easily slip into viewing my children through the eyes of my flesh. I praise God for His work in my life and how He has given me new eyes with which I can see my children as the amazing blessing that they are.
Each of my children has God-given talents, abilities and desires that I am blessed to witness and enjoy if I only set my heart and mind towards the Lord and not my flesh. When my eyes are fixed on God I am amazed at how he uses my children to draw me closer to Him.
Recently, I was pondering how my flesh often causes me to view my children in a negative light.
- This is the child I had out of wedlock.
- This is the baby who made me overwhelmed every day.
- This child gave me two hernias.
- I had post-postpartum depression after this one.
- This strong-willed child fussed from 8 pm to 3 am every night for the first year of her life.
- And this little one put me on bed-rest.
But it is has been through these struggles with my children that the Lord has blessed me with a greater realization of who He is. If my eyes are focused on Christ, I can see the great blessings my children have been to me.
- God used this child to draw me back to Himself.
- God used this child to expose my selfishness.
- God used this child to reveal my foolish fears and to teach me about resting in Him.
- God used this child to show me the dangers of wrong thinking and the power of God’s Word.
- God used this child to drive me to my knees in prayer and convict me of my self-reliance and pride.
- God used this child to teach me about His sovereignty and faithfulness.
Motherhood brings many challenges but those challenges are what the Lord can use to draw us closer to Him. We just need to set our eyes on Him and not on our circumstances.
God’s Word says:
Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. And let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. James 1:2-4
Don’t miss any new posts. Subscribe today.
Scripture taken from the NEW AMERICAN STANDARD BIBLE®, Copyright © 1960,1962,1963,1968,1971,1972,1973,1975,1977,1995 by The Lockman Foundation. Used by permission.
Get Your Free eBook!
Grab your free eBook and learn the secrets for a successful homeschool journey by subscribing to my newsletter.